Our bodies are truly incredible.
In the uterus, right alongside a baby grows a strong and healthful organ that serves as an incredible interface between the mother and the developing fetus. Not only does this make oxygen diffusion, waste excretion, and immune, endocrine, and all other developmental functions possible, it also serves as an incredible resource for the mother in the postpartum period. We have become the only mammals to retire the practice of taking our placenta after birth. Its like nature’s medicine!
Placenta is composed of several healing proteins and hormones:
Prolactin: A hormone that promotes lactation
Oxytocin: “The love hormone” that promotes pain relief, and as it’s also released during labor, birth & breastfeeding; it encourages hormonal bonding with your baby and an increase in contentment
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH): Helps boost energy levels and aids in recovery from taxing events
Cortisone: Another hormone that tackles stress and unlocks energy stores
Interferon: An antibody that stimulates the immune system to protect against infections
Prostaglandins: Anti-inflammatory agents designed to speed up recovery
Hemoglobin: Protein that replenishes iron deficiency and anemia, a common postpartum condition
Urokinase inhibiting factor and factor XIII: Enzyme-like agents that stop bleeding and promote wound healing throughout the body
Gammaglobulins: Immune booster proteins that help protect against postpartum infections
Data has been excerpted from this study.
Placenta Services We Offer:
We've teamed up with Taylor Birth Services to provide the Greater Albuquerque Area with the following:
- Placenta Encapsulation
- In order to preserve the placenta's delicate molecular structures we recommend the Raw Encapsulation Method (processed in its natural state) for mamas who are a good candidate.
- We also offer the TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) Method (lightly steamed before processing) for mamas who request that service.
- Each placenta produces 100-200 capsules. The bigger your baby, the bigger your placenta!
- Cord Keepsakes
- Have a memento of the very special bond between you and your baby. We can make your cord into a heart or coil shape, depending on the length and your preference.
- Some people choose to bury these with a plant or a tree near a special place, and others choose to keep this gift forever.
- Placenta prints make beautiful art, you can frame it and admire the amazing tree of life that nourished your child for years to come. We will use your placenta to create a classic “tree” print on high quality watercolor paper before beginning the process for encapsulation. The result is an organic piece of art that is unique to you. If you want more than a blood print, we can use food based “paints” to create a print with rich green, yellow, and red-brown tones.
- Placenta Tincture
- A tincture is made with fresh placenta components steeped in brandy or vodka. The tincture is swirled daily for six weeks, it creates a gentle placenta infusion that can be used long after your capsules are gone.
- Placenta Salve
- At the time of encapsulation, I am able to use a small amount of the dehydrated placenta to make a custom placenta healing salve. This very nourishing salve is excellent on all areas of the body, including the fragile facial skin and areas of problem skin conditions.
No Matter What You Choose:
- All placenta handling is done by one of our Placenta Encapsulation Specialists.
- We aim for a 48-72 hour turnaround time from the time that we pick up your placenta from your birthplace.
- Every placenta service includes:
- Pick up
- Our postpartum Guide